top of page

You can be divorced

without your consent!

Divorce in Japan is different from your country



“1 Day Consultation Service on Divorce for Foreign Residents”

Saturday, February 17, 2024


You can consult with Lawyer about divorce. You can also consult other issues. In addition to legal consultation, you can discuss your relationship problems with your husband/wife, visa matters, and many other issues with our foreigner support specialists.

Consultation is free of charge. Your confidentiality is protected. Interpreters are available

Phone Number:  06-6364-8825.(This number is available only on this day. No need to make a reservation for telephone consultation.)

<Face to face Interview or ZOOM Interview>

* Please make a reservation in advance. (By 10 AM, Wednesday, February 14)

 *Consultation per person is up to 50 minutes.

For reservation, Tel : 06-6843-4343 or (Toyonaka International Center)

The venue for face-to-face interview is Osaka Bar Association Building (1-12-5 Nishitenma, Kita-ku, Osaka-city).

<Online Inquiry> Facebook


Organizer:Osaka Bar Association Co-sponsored by: Rikon Alert (Action Group for Divorce by Agreement)  Contact Information:Office for Rikon Alert (Toyonaka International Center)※Closed on Wednesday

TEL: 06-6843-4343


Questions or problems?

Consult with a lawyer or nearby support office

●NGO Network for Foreigners' Assistance KOBE

Friday 13:00~20:00

1-28-7 Nakayamate-dori Chuo ku, Kobe shi, Hyogo ken



●Ikuno Gakuen

Wednesday 12:00~17:00


●Association for Toyonaka Multicultural Symbiosis

Every Friday 11:00~16:00 (except National Holiday)

1-1-1-601, Toyonaka International Center, Tamai cho, Toyonaka-city, Osaka, 560-0026


●Minoh Association For Global Awareness

Every Tuesday 11:00-14:30

5-2-36, Onohara Nishi, Minoh Minoh Multicultural Center

Phone: 072-727-6912


●Tokyo Public Law Office

Monday to Friday 9:30 - 17:15

Ichigo Higashi Ikebukuro Bldg 2F, 1-34-5 Higashi-Ikebukuro,Toshimaku, Tokyo


●Kyoto YWCA  APT


Kyoto city,Sakyo-ku, Konoue-cho44

Kyoto YWCA


Divorce is legally recognized simply on submission of divorce documents.

Sole custody of your children may be decided on the basis of the documents and without consideration of a court. If your children are living with your spouse, it is nearly impossible to win a change in custody.

Even if your signature on the divorce application was forged, the government may accept and the divorce will be in effect.

Submit a “Rikon Fujyuri Moushidesho” form to your local city hall to avoid being divorced without your agreement.



bottom of page